Saturday, June 14, 2008

The SHOW


Every year, ballet ends with a SHOW. Yes, the capitals are valid because this is no snoozing recital. No. This is an imitation Broadway production. The SHOW is perfectly choreographed and seamlessly produced. This is Trink's 4th show and probably my favorite, at least until next year. As you can see, she was a flapper. She and her 4 classmates flawlessly performed a tap routine to Thoroughly Modern Millie. I think I can say it was a perfect performance because all the girls did every movement, not necessarily at the same time, nor together. Hey - what can you expect from six year olds! They were wonderful! It was amazing to see how much they had learned this year.
Next fall I will continue to kvetch about how much class costs, how expensive the required "uniform" is and how fast Trinks feet have grown. Please remind me to pop in the DVD and relax while watching the SHOW. Then I'll remember why I do it.

No comments: