Thursday, June 19, 2008

Arrivederchi, bambinos!

I drove my kids to Bob Evans, apparently the best place to meet my parents. It is off exit 4 of the NJTP and 36 of 295. My parents are insane and drive on the TP at all times. I am realistic and take 295, so this location really works out. Trinks fell asleep on the way. It was a big day for her with a field trip to Philly. S and I skipped all the Cheetah Girls songs on the iPod and blasted the Wiggles. Good times.

It's always sad to say good bye to the kids. They are growing up so fast and I will miss them. When they come home, they always look way older. I am very proud to say they are almost never homesick. S has asked to come home a few times - usually when Mom Mom asks him to do something so horrific like wash his hands or to go to sleep. Trinks will get dramatic on the phone, but I know they are having a fantastic time.

Hubby and I have great plans for this week. We will FINALLY see Indiana Jones. I really don't care if it isn't as good. I know I will love it. I am going to a book launch for Once Upon a Family. I'm not sure what that entails, but it's another way Kathi continues to get me in trouble. We will top off the day with a several course meal at Casablanca. And those are just Saturday's plans! So we will keep busy so we don't miss the kids so much. Before you know it, it's next week and we have the kids back.

No comments: