Monday, June 30, 2008

Chow, for now

When I was in middle school, my friends and I thought we were the coolest people on the planet. We would pass notes in between classes. Do kids still do that? Or is all texting these days? Anyway, we would sign our notes "Chow for now". It was MANY years later that I learned it was really Ciao, not chow. And it was a real Italian word. Now we are beginning our trip of a lifetime where I can say Chow or Ciao, and nobody cares how it's spelled. It's all in the pronunciation.


So as I panic pack tonight, I will allow myself to get a little bit excited for this grand adventure that is about to start. Arrivederchi! Adios! Hasta luego! In what ever language - see you in 2 weeks! I'll have a ton of pictures (need to buy 1 more 2 GB memory stick tomorrow) to rival LRNs pictures from 2006. And if I can figure out what I did with the camcorder, I'll have video as well. So Chow for now.

No comments: