Monday, December 8, 2008

Things that make me sad

In no particular order:

Trinks told me when I die she will bury me with a picture of her because she loves me and knows that I love her.

S applauded when we were informed that donations made after Mary Poppins would go to support families impacted by breast cancer. He beamed at me and told me it was great they were supporting breast cancer. No four year old should know that.

Very few people were donating to help the homeless in NYC. I did my part and gave the kids some coins and bills to put in the water jug and Salvation Army buckets.

My damn cat is still missing and I can't sleep well with so much room on the bed.

The kids don't seem to miss the cat.

It's almost been a year since Karen died and I still reach for the phone when I need to talk to her.

And now, let's end with something funny. In the MIDDLE of Mary Poppins, S whispers to me, "Mommy! Bite me. Bite me hard!!!" WTF? I still have no idea what he really meant, but I shove an M&M in his mouth and stifled a giggle.

No comments: