Sunday, December 14, 2008

My hubby

Nothing Knew has also pointed out several times that I have been less than kind in talking about my hubby, So today I will point out sone really great things hubby does - G rated of course.

Every weekend, hubby takes the kids out of my hair to go grocery shopping. This frees me up to run though the house, vacuum, clean up and just have peace of mind.

Hubby is an awesome cook. He not only can read recipes without skipping steps (that would be me), but he can improvise with the best of them.

Hubby takes care of the trash most of the time. I don't like taking the trash out. I can do it, but I don't like it. Hubby doesn't mind it and usually replaces the bag. I do let him know if he can't do it, I will. But I usually get a break.

Hubby remembers to medicate the kids when they are sick. Left up to me, the meds would be dispensed randomly. Heck, I can't even remember to take a vitamin, so remembering kids meds (and cats' meds) usually falls to him.

Hubby is a funny guy most of the time. Sometimes the humor is off color, but it's almost always funny.

Hubby can clean the kitchen back to a pristine state, no matter how big of a mess we let it get into and most of the time he doesn't yell about it.

Hubby can swap out loads of wash when I don't feel like it. He can actually do laundry all by himslef, but I am a freak about laundry and really prefer to do it myself. Everything has to be done in cold water, with Tide with Bleach. If it's washed in anything else, I rewash it.

And that's all I can think of this minute. He is truly an awesome guy for putting up with me.

3 comments:

LRNs said...

Are we talking about your husband or Alice from the Brady Bunch?

A Pocket Full of Posey said...

My hubby is AWESOME! And manly. But I do my share of the work. I just wanted to point out to Nothing Knew that I appreciate my hubby.

LRNs said...

He's a lumberjack and he's OK...