Sunday, December 7, 2008

Outsmarting the Rooster

Nothing Knew posted about NapSounds last week. NapSounds is a great guided 20 minute power nap. I tried it out at work and was teased by a few people who caught me. I didn't care because I was really relaxed. It is a little annoying to be awakened by the rooster, though.

This week, I was in NYC. There will be a longer post about what we did and how my mother should have been kicked out of the hotel, but the purpose of this post is NapSounds. I subscribed through iTunes and had a lovely selection of naps in both the nature and classical variety on the iPod. We arrived in NYC very late, with a vanload of 5 kids. Since they all had fallen asleep at some point in the trip, they were pretty cranky and didn't want to go back to sleep. By the time we wrestled the last one in bed/on the floor, I was full of adrenaline and had a 4 year old sharing the roll out cot with me. It's been a lifetime since I shared a twin bed, but this was even smaller than a regular twin! So, out came my iPod and on went the NapSounds. I set the sleep timer for 15 minutes, a viola! No rooster. I had to do this a couple of times to actually relax enough to catch 2 hours of sleep, but it was wonderful.

No comments: