Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Miracle


Miracles happen. I looked out the window this AM and saw Forrest. By the time I got out, Trinks' piercing scream chased him away. Hubby and I scoured the yard, front and back, he took a drive around to neighborhood, and still nothing. By this time I was starting to doubt what I saw. I let Stormy out and she was acting weird around the shed. I got down, flat on my stomach, on the cold, wet piles of leaves and looked under the shed. Nothing. I went back inside and did a few things.

Then I returned to the back yard and saw Forrest's head peeking around the back of the shed. I didn't approach him, but squatted and called him. He made a beeline to me. I pet him and then followed him in the house. Kitty greeted him with hissing, and then smacked him across the face with her nails. She really had a good time without him. Of course this whole time I've been crying because I never believed we'd see him again. And hubby and the kids are out, so no one can make sure I'm not dreaming. Out came the camera. Doesn't he look GREAT????

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm really happy to hear that you found him. I hope that brings cheer to your December slump.

A Pocket Full of Posey said...

I still am in shock that he returned. What ever happened to him has made him skittish and uncertain. I have to keep tracking him down to make sure he's still in the house. He's been hiding in the basement for the bulk of the afternoon!

I think I am offically out of my funk. We are decorating 3 trees this evening, so I should be full of the Christmas spirit. I found menorah candles, so I am filled with the Hanukkah spirit as well. Bring on the latkes.

LRNs said...

He probably found a family that was feeding him and stayed for a while.

Glad he's back.

A Pocket Full of Posey said...

I don't think he's been eating that much because he looks a lot thinner. But he made it home before starving!!

Thanks for the awesome post the other day. I couldn't bring myself to comment without getting too terribly depressed.