Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

So Christmas Eve started with a bang - literally. Hubby was allowed to leave work with me at 4:50. We hit Wawa for gas prior to picking up the kids. It was crowded and hard to find a pump. I was doing my usual back seat driving and hubby was getting annoyed. He flung the car in reverse to go back to an almost open pump. He didn't see anyone behind him and didn't hear the frantic honking as hit hit the gas HARD. CRASH! In MY CAR!!!! Thankfully there was no damage, but I drove up to my parents after we got the kids.

Christmas Eve dinner was great - a nice late turkey dinner with my parents and grandparents. I have no idea who the little boy sitting next to me was. Instead of "I hate turkey", S kept saying how much he loved everything. Then he downed two apricots, a couple pieces of pear and a cookie. I guess he was hungry. We exchanged presents with my grandparents and then Trinks read us The Night Before Christmas. Santa was given cookies and milk, carrots were left for the reindeer, stockings were hung and the kids went to bed at 10:30. Then the fun began. We quickly put the presents out and it occurred to me to hide Trinks' big Santa present behind S's Thomas set from Santa. I put the small Samantha doll in front, so it looked like that was all she got from Santa. Then I went to bed.

When the kids got up this morning, they contained themselves and waited until we were downstairs before tearing down after us. As per tradition, they started with the stocking presents. Then they moved on to the Santa gifts. Trinks was happy with just the miniature Samantha doll and didn't complain. As she moved on to the wrapped presents, I pointed out her other Santa gift. She shrieked! She didn't ask for a Nintendo DS, but loved it on sight! She was excited about the two games - Tinkerbell and Cooking Mama 2. S was happy since there were enough things with wheels, or were Spiderman. Both kids were pleased. Trinks split her time between the DS and running her dolls outside in the triple stroller that will be kept at Mom Mom's house.

The rest of the day was spent hanging out, visitng my great aunt, and having dinner at my sister's house. They got a Wii from Santa. Then hubby and I got on the road because we have to work tomorrow. Ugh! At least the kids are at my mom's house. Hubby and I have a date night tomorrow. I think we're trying out the new burrito place down the street. He's been there, but I haven't. Can't wait!

And before I sign off - guess what my best Christmas present was? S is switching classes on Jan 5. I am so happy. He should do well in this classroom. I'm also looking into Kung Fu for him. He needs a confidence boost!

No comments: