Saturday, December 20, 2008

Evil Child?

Can a child be evil? I am convinced a child can be pure evil. And no, it's not my child. S has a classmate that has driven me crazy since they were both one. At conferences I would have to hear about how this evil child distracts S and how much better he does when this child is not at school. If S gets hit, or bitten, or kicked, it's because of this evil child. Having gone through this age with Trinks, I know this is normal to have children acting out. But this child is always tormenting my child. No other classmate has ever done anything to my son.

Things started to unravel for me after the latest conferences. Evil child started back full time, instead of the nice half days we were enjoying. A couple of weeks ago I walked into the aftermath of this child pulling my son's pants down and spanking him. Last night I walked into S crying and screaming "No thank you, evil child" Ok - he used the kid's name, but I am calling him evil child. This child had picked up S's train and thrown it on the floor to smash it. It was in several pieces on the floor and S was heart broken. I patiently told S that this child is NOT his friend because friends don't do this to each other.

On the way out, I ran into the school's director. She was getting ready to leave, so I felt badly in delaying her, but I asked if S could be removed from the class. I want him in the class across the hall with the older pre-K kids. I explained I can't leave him in his classroom because of this child. The teachers are awesome and I really hate to leave them, but I have to protect my son. There is no room in the other classroom, but when a spot opens, S will have it. I may lose patience in January and put him in another school. I hope I don't have to, but I am willing to do almost anything to get S out of the way of this child. And I know that there will always be a problem child. I just think I have been very patient putting up with this child for three years. I'm done.

No comments: