Sunday, November 30, 2008

Twelve whole years

Happy anniversary to us. Some days it feels like forever and others it feels like just yesterday we were involved in the hoop de doo of wedding preparations. I have to thank the mothers for putting all that together - planning huge events gives me hives. It turned out perfect, but the process was painful. For our 10th, we went back to the Hotel duPont for a night away from the kids. I think we may try that every 5 years - it's fun to reminisce.

I still have my wedding dress. I loved it, but now what? I did some research about Brides Against Breast Cancer and after the holidays I think I will happily donate my dress. What the heck will I do with it? If Trinks really wants to wear my dress, I have enough pictures of the darn thing to have someone reproduce it. Right now it is rotting away when it could be blessing a new bride who deserves a happily ever after. And it can bring money to fight breast cancer - what could be better?

No comments: