Friday, November 14, 2008

Fed Up!

Warning - this is complete whining! I had a really tough day at work. Then I found out Trinks was in trouble at school for the 5th time in 2 weeks - and that's with 2 days off from school! We went out to our favorite place to eat because we haven't been there in ages. We had lukewarm meals and my burger wasn't done right. It wasn't up to the usual standards and I have no desire to go out again for a long time. So, I needed to take action.

Hubby took the kids to the pet store, which is a great, free activity for the kids. I went home and proceeded to box up all the crap in Trinks room. I discovered she cut Jess's hair. There is nothing like spending a shitload of money on a fucking doll just to have the hair cut off. I boxed up American Girl clothes, shoes, horses,whatever Trinks decided she hated enough to leave out of the special 5 drawer dresser I set up for the doll clothes. By the time she got home, I had one side of the room boxed up and she was in tears. I will continue to remove every god damn thing in the fucking room until it is empty. She has too many fucking toys and I hate every one of them right now. Christmas will non existent for the kids because they have too many things. I hate being the caretaker of crap and today really got to me. I feel several trips to Goodwill coming on.

So we have another week of early bedtime for Trinks and iCarly may be permanently banned from her viewing pleasure. I am going to sleep now so I can get out of this funky mood. My kids are really great kids. I want to spend more time with them instead of whining over putting crap away. It's days like this when I wish I could strip the entire house of everything and live with 3 beds, 2 couches and a kitchen. We really don't need much more than that.

2 comments:

Nothing Knew said...

Actually that is bitching, not whining.

Not sure what led you to this but I hope a night of sleep calms you down. Yes, the cutting of doll's hair is always a time for punishment and a long talking-to but removal of all toys from the house is probably not the best course of action.

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with Trink's behavior at school. Sometimes it seems these kids just don't get how their behavior connects to consequences. But stay calm. Breathe. Rash actions result in long-lasting consequences.

We need to remember that. Especially when our children can't.

A Pocket Full of Posey said...

I'm actually not punishing her for cutting the hair. Just annoyed with it. She has to live with it. I am removing every toy and slowly adding them back until I determine the correct balance. And yes, I know. I still haven't gone to bed and we're leaving for NYC early tomorrow.

I was strangely calm through all of this. At dinner I wrote some rules down, including for every minute I have to wait for her at Kung Foo, she has to go to sleep that much earlier every night. I bet she speeds up and we can get home before 6:30 every night.