Sunday, November 16, 2008

Shrek the Musical


I recovered from my tantrum Friday night. It's important to note I didn't scream at the kids. I just let everything overwhelm me for a night. I just get so frustrated that we have too many things to take care of that we don't always have enough family time. Yesterday we solved that. We took off at the crack of dawn, stopped at my parents house to dress the kids and got on a bus to NYC.

We saw Shrek the Musical. Previews started last weekend and opening night is December 14. While I didn't leave humming a catchy tune, I thought it was well done. Before we got there, I wondered how Lord Farquaad's size would be handled. The answer, of course, is very humorously. The kids loved it, my parents had a good time and hubby enjoyed hanging out in the city with his brother rather than watching the show. S fell asleep after intermission, which is what he did for Lion King. I guess getting up so early in the AM is the problem. For Mary Poppins, we'll at least start out in the city.

The weather turned out pretty nice, too. The rain stopped while we walked around the city before the show. We saw the unlit tree and the skating rink. And of course, Saks has their famous snowflakes up. They aren't lit, but they are up. We took Trinks for a brief visit to American Girl. S got so excited about a Bitty Baby stove and a pumpkin doll costume. It was pretty funny.




I'll be in NYC again next week, but it's adults only. The only challenge is where to eat. I know I can't go wrong with any restaurant. Narrowing it down is the trick.

No comments: