Sunday, November 9, 2008

I have big balls

Today I made matzo ball soup. I have never been much of a soup maker, but we had the chicken broth that we made last weekend and it's been cold lately. Matzo ball soup is, hands down, my favorite feel good soup, so I thought I should try my hand at it.

I opened the mix and made one packet of matzo balls. I frowned at it because it looked so little. I opened the other packet and added it. I started rolling it into balls after it sat for a bit in the fridge. I thought they were pretty small. After they finished cooking in boiling water for 20 minutes, they were HUGE! One packet would have been enough.

Trinks liked it, S wouldn't try it and I think hubby liked it too. It was a nice comforting meal after running around the park this afternoon. And the even better news is we are seeing a drop in the grocery bill because we are doing more with the food we have. We saved over $40 this week. Nice!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And she's got big balls and he's got big balls...gosh, I didn't know you were an AC/DC fan. ;P

I make chicken & dumplings yesterday--same idea as your soup, I think. Perfect for chilly autumn evenings.

A Pocket Full of Posey said...

slick comes out of hiding!

I need to make your apple dumplings. After all these years, I can still taste how awesome that was! Perfect for this time of year.