Thursday, November 6, 2008

TSA

The TSA people have new, snappy blue uniforms. Same attitudes, new uniform. On the way to Houston, I behaved myself. Philly security is usually humorless and rude. I managed to get through security only to be backed up behind the idiots who think they should get dressed at the conveyor belt. Philly is behind the times and has no line for experienced flyers. I always get stuck behind the people who have no idea how to put their stuff in. I mean, you wait in a line for a bit and they are always surprised when it's their turn. I have to take my shoes off? And my belt? My laptop has to go through in the container and not in my bag? Really? And there are a million signs and announcements and these people think they are better than the rest of us and don't have to comply.

Coming back, there were separate lines for experienced, newcomers and families. Phew. Getting behind people with small children always pisses me off because most of the time these people are clueless and take forever getting the kids shoes off. I'm spoiled because my kids fly so often they know the drill. I managed to get behind 2 idiots who didn't have out id or boarding passes. The TSA guys bypassed them and took me.

I played What can I get away with? A word of caution about this game. You have to be prepared to sacrifice the contraband. I had a water bottle with an inch of water in it. I didn't put my lipstick in a quart bag. I had my pedometer in my pocket while going through the scanner. It was harmless stuff. Nothing happened. It's fun to play this at various airports, to see who is stricter.

No comments: