Sunday, May 18, 2008

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm tired. After spending most of Friday in the hospital (surgery went well and my mother is still crazy) or running around, I was tired. I still had to get up early on Saturday for the fundraiser at Old Country Buffet. It went well, but clearly I am not experienced in this type of thing. We are welcome to come back, so I have to check my calendar. It was nice to see people show up for a good cause, and it was even nicer when they bought something from our table. The breast cancer rubber ducks were the most popular by far. I'll have to get a couple dozen more for the next one. Female with no nickname (we HAVE to work on a better name) made nice beaded necklaces and set up make your own bracelets. With a better location, we could clean up next time.



After we left OCB, we hit Longwood - yes again!!! It's amazing that it's never the same place. The lily pads section of the conservatory is open and the four adults sat on a bench and watched the kids run around. We placed bets on who would end up in the pond. Although there were some close calls, no child fell in. I would post some pictures, but Nothing Knew ran a bunch of things to modernize my computer that I am afraid of collapsing the whole thing since they are still running.


The ultimate challenge was bedtime. I think the kids were all exhausted so putting them to sleep in one room wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. They woke up at 6:15 and didn't stop running until two left. I made it to ballet pictures on time (barely) and hubby took S for a haircut and out to the grocery store. I am ready to collapse. Maybe no one will notice if I slip away........

2 comments:

Nothing Knew said...

I think you should name her "Random Government Employee" or RGE for short. She'd hate it.

A Pocket Full of Posey said...

I think I will go with RAGE - Random Awesome Government Employee. It's more fun.