Thursday, May 15, 2008

Surgery

My mother is having surgery tomorrow. Her gallbladder is finally getting evicted! It should be a nice, easy surgery. I'm heading up to NJ tonight so I can hang out in the waiting room for a couple of hours. I know the surgeon and I've had this surgery - piece of cake. The waiting room is just such a terrible place to be! I think Dad is headed to the gym for a bit. Maybe he can print me off a pass and I can get some cross training in. We can work out and still be back before she hits the recovery room. At least the recovery should be quick. I remember popping Advil and climbing the stairs to my old bedroom and going right to sleep a couple of hours post op. Hopefully it will go as well for my mom.

This trip is also another opportunity for me to work on my pile of electronics. My mother thinks I am a techie and saves her new gadgets for me to figure out. This time, she bought herself (heaven help us) a Classic 80 GB iPod http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPod-classic-Black-Generation/dp/B000JLKIHA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1210846873&sr=8-1. I can't wait to rip tons of cds and podcasts for her. Does she need 80 GB? Heck no! I barely need it. I have 20.59 GB of music, 7.64 of podcasts, and 2500 photos (can't find out how many GB that is - maybe 4?) on mine. At any rate, I will be busy tonight.

If you are inclined, keep my mom and her surgeon in your thoughts or prayers.

No comments: