Friday, May 2, 2008

Fundraising

I am in the midst of a year long campaign to raise money for breast cancer research. No one should have to die from this horrible disease and leave behind devastated family and friends. It's not fair. We need a cure and we need it now.


I do not like asking people for money. When I signed up for the breast cancer 3 Day last year, I learned how to ask. I'm still not comfortable asking, but I am getting better. This year, I am creating fundraisers where people can get something for their donation. On Saturday, May 17, Old Country Buffet will generously donate a portion of their proceeds to breast cancer research, via the breast cancer 3 day. My team, This One's For the Girls, will split the money among those who attend. While I don't expect to earn thousands of dollars, it is a way to get started. The requirement of $2,200 per team member is steep and daunting. If we can earn a little at a time, by October we will have plenty.



So if you want to travel to DE that weekend, we will be happy to see you. I'll send you the vouchers so we get credit. If you want to check out the 3 Day website and join the team either by walking or crewing, go right ahead. It is an emotional weekend, but it's such an amazing journey. http://08.the3day.org/

No comments: