Friday, May 9, 2008

Pretty sure I'm crazy

But at least being crazy means having more fun. I have one taker on the Aquarium deal - my dear mother in law who is alone this weekend. After enjoying all the aquatic life we can stand, we'll probably head to lunch. After lunch, I am taking the kids to A HOTEL IN PHILADELPHIA. Happy Mother's Day to me! I realized that the Race for the Cure (http://www.komenphiladelphia.org/) is poorly planned for a lowly person from DE. I would have to wake the kids up at 4AM to get to a parking space before the roads close. Who wants to hang out with kids who have been awake since 4AM? Certainly not me.



On a whim, I contacted the Sheraton to see if they had any more of the discounted rooms. They didn't, but I wasn't really expecting them to be left. The AAA rate was $15 more, so I said what the heck. I get guaranteed parking, checkout at noon and a nice comfy bed that I refuse the share with the kiddies. Since the event starts around 7, we can wake up, eat breakfast and arrive without anyone being cranky. The in room coffee machine guarantees my good humor. (http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1776&language=en-US)



The event ends at 10. I'll have to see if I should check out and go to the Please Touch Museum (http://www.pleasetouchmuseum.org/, which has free tickets for mothers on Sunday, or head home to collapse. Then there is the matter of painting.... maybe I can convince hubby to golf soon.



Hope everyone has a nice weekend, and a happy mother's day, if it applies. I'll type about my adventures when I return.

No comments: