Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Quiet

I think I have been obsessing about quiet lately. Trinks' incessant chatter really gets under my skin sometimes. I have to remind her I can't really hear her when she talks all the time because I tune her out. She must have taken this to heart because on the way home from school, I gave clues to Trinks and Hortense about a place I really liked to go. Trinks first guess was "Quiet!" I laughed and said it was my favorite place, but the city I had in mind was Chicago.

The funny thing about quiet is once I get it, I am uncomfortable. I am so used to the noise of the house that it's almost unnerving when no one is here. Now don't get me wrong, my ultimate fantasy is to ditch hubby and the kids from Friday night to Sunday night. I think that's the most quiet I can stand.

No comments: