Saturday, August 23, 2008

Vandals

We returned from vacation at 1 AM last night. On our door was a note from our very nice (no sarcasm) back neighbors. We apparently have been the victims of a graffiti artist. Luckily it's on our back fence, so we don't have to look at it, but we do have to file a police report. When I returned from work today, I noticed our storm drain wasn't spared. The lovely C word is on it. Yes Mom, call me and I will tell you what the C word is.

We live in a very quiet neighborhood, so this is a bit disturbing. I know kids will be kids, but there are tons of pranks that do not involve willful destruction of private property. I personally applaud the kids who tried to move our mammoth pumpkin one year at Halloween. They made it halfway across the lawn before giving up. That's what a steady diet of junk food and video games will do to our youth. I guess a can of spray paint is easier to lift.

1 comment:

Nothing Knew said...

There is grafitti removal paint/cleaner at Home Depot/Lowes that sprays or brushes on. I've used it in a previous life as a Resident Adviser in colleges.

But that really does suck to come home to. I agree that kids are kids, but I've never been a fan of the spray paint variety.

Good luck.