Saturday, August 16, 2008

Vacation

Again, we are away. And then in 6 weeks we are going away yet again. I don't think we will plan this many trips next year, but it has been fun. I love Galway. It's cold up here, so it's a wonderful change from home. We stayed with Metsfan and family last night which was awesome. We got up today and drove about 3 hours to arrive at our destination, which doesn't exist in our GPS. The GPS isn't a problem - I've been here so many times I know where to go. It was great to arrive, eat lunch and go for my first walk.

My plan is to shatter last year's record of 50 miles. I have prepared for this trip and even bought a new pedometer* and lumbar pack. I hope to get my 18/15 mile back to back walk in while up here. Today's wimpy 3 .5 mile trek was just a warm up! The weather was against me and I had to watch (at times) all 5 kids while the guys fished.

And yes I said 5 kids. My brother in law is up with the three kids while my sister works night shifts and hopefully gets some rest. This cabin is barely big enough for 4, so 10 of us is really a challenge. B-I-L is sleeping in a tent with the kids on the deck. It's not bad when the weather is good. And I am getting ready to make up the couch to catch some much needed rest.


*Nothing Knew will comment that I should link to this, but I am on my dad's laptop and can't really figure this out, not to mention it's late, I'm tired and mosquito bitten and Michael Phelps is swimming.

1 comment:

Nothing Knew said...

I believe there is a blog for just this type of post.

WhiteWhine

"We travel for vacation so much...maybe next year we'll travel less and get some sleep."