Thursday, August 28, 2008

Forrest Gump

Our dear, sweet, expensive, bed hog of a cat is sick. Again. I took an early appointment with the vet today to see if it was TIME. The vet is optimistic about him having a full recovery. Without getting too graphic, he is the ultimate procrastinator. He suffers from constipation. His colon apparently is misshapen and "stuff" can't pass through the pelvis. Great. And she thinks he may be diabetic, so Forrest gave up a blood sample for a complete blood count. His kidneys may be failing.

For now, he is on new food. Not less expensive food. Just different. And I have to get him canned pumpkin. I went out to get it but couldn't find it. I also had a 3 year old pointing out every thing he saw, so maybe I just went by it. I have to get a stool softener for him, as well as sprinkle powdered fiber on his food. At what point do we draw the line? If this fails, we can try surgery. Ugh!!!

So if you feel the little animals are worth praying for, please put one up for Forrest. He's only 10, but he is the only cat we have that I am not allergic to. And he loves the kids and put up with them torturing him.

No comments: