Sunday, March 15, 2009

Update on Dell

I ended up ordering another Dell laptop. I still don't understand why they cancelled my order and their well trained robots were completely useless in explaining. They told me it was FTC regulation, however the link attached to my cancellation notice had expired so it wasn't clear. I know that service has declined in all areas, and service is mostly handled off shore by non native English speakers, but trying to get people to fix things is ridiculous. I had horrible experience both on the phone (even with a supervisor) and through the Dell chat when I was trying to buy the laptop. I was NOT nasty until the end of the chat when I wished Dell would go bankrupt, but I was still treated terribly. I realize Dell doesn't care, or they would have exceptional service. I asked Iggy, the chat guy, where the breast cancer laptop was. He informed me it wasn't available anymore. I got rid of him and found one. How can they let uneducated people assist with sales?

This is the reason we don't have Comcast as our internet service yet. The guy came out, couldn't answer how we could get wireless from the modem he was installing so hubby sent him away. Hopefully we will come out of this recession with a better educated workforce. I completely understand why people become hermits.

2 comments:

Nothing Knew said...

Ahh, the reason for the Comcast rejection finally surfaces!

It is entirely possible that they only have the modem capabilities on their routers and not wireless. You may have to purchase a separate device (a router with wireless).

This should run more than $40 and is easy to install.

I'll look around and see what I can find out about wireless access with the Comcast modems. Having not had Comcast in years I'm not up on their procedures.

Hopefully someone else reading this who has Comcast can tell us.

A Pocket Full of Posey said...

It took me a while to pry the reason out of him.

I can get the wireless router for free from Comcast. They have is readily available, which drives me crazy that the installer didn't know this. The problem is finding time for them to install the whole shebang. I can't take time off work right now because my boss is out until May. I have to start thinking creatively.