Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Matthew Cuthbert died, again

I have sobbed for this man no less than 10 times in my life, and I'm sure I'll weep for him many more times. I am talking about Matthew of Anne of Green Gables fame. Trinks and I hit the all important sad chapter and I cried like a baby the entire way home from ballet. Trinks handled it rather well, but I couldn't stop the tears. I was especially moved by Mrs. Allen's advice to Anne when she was concerned about enjoying life after Matthew died. Mrs. Allen let Anne know that Matthew enjoyed when she laughed and had a good time, and he would like to know she was still enjoying life as she always had.

This really spoke to me as I have such a hard time reconciling myself to the 3 Day. I really enjoy this event. I enjoy pushing myself in training, I love being pampered by the crew during the walk, and I just love feeling like I make a difference. And then I think about Karen and wonder why I should enjoy myself because she isn't here. Believe me, I would never walk again if it meant I could see her again. When I become rational again, I realize it is ok to have a good time with this. And Karen would never stop me. It's just hard sometimes.

No comments: