Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring has sprung

I love spring. I love spring more when the weather is spring-like. This weekend the weather was PERFECT! I spent hours outside working in the garden. I have clear flower beds in the front and started working on the back. Since Trinks insists we compost, I no longer worry about getting all the weeds into a bag. Somehow that is very liberating. Hubs and I dug out trees, raked leaves and pruned things up, when we weren't writing, I mean helping to write, Trinks' heritage project. More on that later.

I managed to get rid of some poison ivy from behind the shed. I started itching, so I got in a hot shower, scrubbed my arms raw, slathered alcohol and benadryl on my arms and popped a zantac. The first bubbles have disappeared. I'll spend the next 3 weeks looking for more rashes. But it was well worth the effort. This coming weekend, I look forward to creating my raised bed garden. Hubs won't rent a rototiller and I damn sure won't hand till the rest of the beds. I found a great area in the back where the cucumbers can climb, tomatoes will do well, and all children are above average. Oh wait, that last part is Garrison Keilor's line. Maybe I'll take some pictures to post later this week because MY LAPTOP IS COMING!!!
Maybe even tomorrow!!

No comments: