Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Random thoughts on a Tuesday

It feels so surreal, but I am sitting in the car typing while Trinks is in ballet. I have some lovely classical music playing on my iPod and my phone is charging. It just seems so bizarre how my life revolves around this technology. But, more in line with my goofy mood, why the hell doesn’t fake excel work as good as the real one?? No Control Y? Is that even legal??? How else can you repeat random commands without wasting precious minutes of actually re-doing the activity? And no Control C, X, or V? You mean I have to use the freaking mouse? Get real! She’s a cute mouse she’s only used for when I’m not typing. I am definitely a keyboard kind of girl.

And in the vein of tiny annoying things - what the hell is a chuzzle and why do I love them so much? And furthermore, how did I lose my “free preview” when I didn’t even finish a game? I think I need to step away from the computer and take a walk. I had a lovely 3.5 mile walk at lunch and am amazingly refreshed.

4 comments:

Nothing Knew said...

What, exactly, is 'fake excel'?

So you are excited that you've reached 2005-levels of technology?

Congratulations. Join us at the turn of the decade....Twitter, Digg, WiFi in your HOUSE!

Finally a chuzzle, as defined by Urban Dictionary, is "the act of giving head with pop rocks and soda in your mouth.". But I think you were referring to this game.

At least I hope so, otherwise your dear husband needs to start telling some stories.

BTW, check out #5 on that Urban Dictionary list. I definitely think you need to learn how to link to items within your posts. Otherwise things are going to get a bit weird at family gatherings.

A Pocket Full of Posey said...

oh god - never knew those cute little pompoms things could mean anything else.

Fake excel is the free spreadsheets that came with this Dell. I believe it's through Microsoft Works. It sucks.

A Pocket Full of Posey said...

Hubs and I have just gone through about 5 pages on google and all chuzzle references are for the GAME. I wonder if you have some stories you need to share.....

And hubs adds it's better with mentos and diet coke.

Nothing Knew said...

Come ON! Don't tell me that 'chuzzle' doesn't sound like a sex act!

And since when was being highly ranked on Google the arbitrator of truthfulness?

I use Urban Dictionary quite often with my other websites. It has steered me wrong several times but it has ALWAYS been good for a laugh. Instead of reading 5 pages of Google returns why not read some Urban Dictionary...much funnier, IMHO.

BTW, screw Microsoft Works. Remove that crap from the computer. Install Open Office instead.

Many people swear by it. I have a portable version on my USB drive. but I do know that you can save as '.xls' and I can't imagine Ctrl-Y not working.

Try it out...it's free!