Monday, October 20, 2008

Today

Today, I woke up and felt fantastic. Tired, but fantastic. I did wake up earlier to pee (stubbed my sore toe) and realized I was parched and had a headache. Oops - dehydration. I recovered with the help of hubby who went downstairs to get some Tylenol and got me 2 glasses of water. I told S that the pink socks I gave him to wear were to support breast cancer awareness. He stopped complaining and proudly put them on. I just didn't feel like walking all the way to his room for a pair of his socks when Trinks had a pair right in front of me. He's a good boy.

Re-entry to the real world is tough. No one hi fived me when I walked into daycare. No one beeped at me when I crossed the street to go into the spa. The women in the spa fawned all over me and that was nice. They remembered me from last year.

I can't believe how great I feel. The blisters are a little tight, but I haven't yet figured out why there was blood all over my foot last night. The massage was amazing. I spent today writing about the experience, downloading pictures, and setting up my website for next year. It's done (for now) but looks really weird. I'll check it at work tomorrow to see if it's just this computer.

I made it to another kung foo class. It was really cool seeing what Trinks is learning. They had a lesson about the word compassion and it was really interesting to see what kids think about the word. Then Trinks and I picked S up, and remembered tomorrow is picture day. I just need to remember decent clothes for tomorrow. While picking S up, I ran into someone in the hall who noticed my shirt and asked if I felt like she did. I just smiled and let her know I felt that way last year.

No comments: