Thursday, October 2, 2008

S-T-R-E-P!!!!!!!!!

AGAIN!!!!!!! I swear it wouldn't be a trip to the Bahamas without a child on antibiotics, which are such a pleasure to travel with. Yup. Trinks has strep. FUN! And I'm pretty sure S will develop it some time during our trip.

I think the most fun thing that happened to me today was the moment when I was practically sitting on Trinks to get the throat culture. Ok Mom. You win. I got a child as horrific as I was when I was this age. At least it didn't take 3 nurses, one mother, and one dr to hold Trinks down. And she didn't break a thermometer. I was a terrible child.

But it's was nice showing Trinks where I work because I have so much work to get done and my boss is off this week. Trinks finds my office to be really boring. Heck, I let her eat her weight in junk food and she still was bored. Thankfully she was quietly bored. She listened to Hannah Montana, watched a little Ratatouille, took a walk with a co-worker, met hubby in the coffee shop - not a huge loss of a day.

So I am frantically packing. Well, not so much frantically as procrastinating, but in my mind I'm in a frenzy. Hubby took both kids to his parents - we are so lucky! I need to get the suitcases ready for the car (which needs to have the tires inflated because that warning light came on and I had to look it up in the owner's manual this am while I was driving S to school), so we can load it and dash off to get the kids tomorrow night. I need a Bahama Mama!!!!

No comments: