Friday, October 24, 2008

The boys

In case you haven't noticed, there are no pictures from Day 3. My camera died. So I will tell stories about some people I met on the walk.

I think I can get away with calling these young men boys. They were no older than early 20s and I think they were brothers. I didn't catch why they were walking, but it seemed like a great adventure. Only the young could find a 20 mile walk through downtown Philly boring enough to look for more fun. They ran up the Art Museum steps, too. There seemed to be a difference of opinion on who won. Shortly after that, we passed a subway station. They looked at each other, ran down the stairs and up the other side. Further on, they paid to go into an historic cemetary. As we passed, they yelled through the fence that they paid $1, so we didn't have to take the tour. They just plain enjoyed themselves!

No comments: