Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I walk

In anticipation of this weekend's event, I thought I would list all the reasons I am crazy enough to walk 60 miles over 3 Days.

I walk because I am angry.
I walk because I am sad.
I walk because I feel helpless.
I walk to figure things out.
I walk for Karen and know she is somewhere cheering me on, and thinking I am crazy.
I walk for Sarah and Molly and hope the money I raise will save their lives.
I walk for Kathi and pray she will remain healthy after her surgery.
I walk for Kathi's daughters.
I walk for Amy and see hope from her journey.
I walk for Louisa and Jen, two women I have never met, but keep in my heart as their journeys are really tough.
I walk for my own daughter. May she never have to deal with this disease.
I walk because I don't know what else to do.

No comments: