Sunday, September 14, 2008

It's not a fruit

My son says "Li-berry". Does anyone remember the animated bookworm movie from the late seventies/early eighties? I've always had them in my brain about the correct pronunciation of library. I should check out You Tube. It's probably out there.

But in spite of bad pronunciation, we had a blast at the library. I discovered my card has been inactive so long that I needed a new one. Both kids complained that it took too long, but it was all completed in well under 10 minutes. And then they made a mad dash to the .... computer???? Trinks picked out a rare Junie B Jones she didn't have and then tore over to the open computer near her brother.

I was like a kid in a candy store. All my friends were there! Jonathan Kellerman, Janet Evanovich, Patricia Mott Davidson, the Alpine series lady, Suze Orman, Roald Dahl, Lyle, Lyle Crocodile - every one was there and I had to choose only a select few to come home with me. Kellerman, Evanovich, Motts Davidson, and Orman made the cut. I already finished Evanovich - it was a Stephanie Plum in between the series books. Boy am I glad I didn't buy it - I finished it in about 2 hours. Now I'm on to Suze Orman so I can get the Courage to be Rich. Didn't think you needed courage to be rich. I always thought you needed money to be rich, but I look forward to being educated.

I got James and the Giant Peach for the kids as well as a bunch of other interesting looking books. We read Lyle, Lyle Crocodile last night and started James and the Giant Peach. Even hubby got into it. He didn't get any books, though.

No comments: