Thursday, September 11, 2008

If there is a bomb on board...

I didn't think you were allowed to use the word "bomb" in an airport. But I learned that in the event there is a bomb on board, the extra blankets and pillows will be used to cusion the impact to the rest of the plane. That would be why you can't move them to fit your oversized piece of luggage, lady, so sit down and stuff it under your seat. And no, it wasn't me. I had a sensible backpack that was barely filled and the deadliest of weapons I had with me were a small nail clipper I used to cut embroidery thread when I cross stitched.

Overall I have to say that flying has become easier than it was a couple of years ago. Even clearing security in Philly was a breeze this time. I usually wait forever to be abused by the nasty TSA officers. This time they were nice AND efficient. I waited 30 seconds to get through. Terminal E in Philly is a scant 1/10 mile long. How do I know this? I was bored since I cleared security so fast and wanted to get some miles in before I took off. I ended up walking 2 miles before I got too dizzy to continue.

Even my luggage came off the plane quickly. I didn't even have to wait 5 minutes before my luggage came off the conveyor belt. Perhaps this does not bode well for the Bahamas trip in three weeks.

No comments: