Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dekorating

On Saturday we went to an orchard outside of Princeton to celebrate Apple Days. The kids had a blast and we bought apple cider donuts. The Daisy Jug band was playing. I think we have been following them for over 20 years - yikes! After a wonderful afternoon, we ended up at Europa for a wonderful meal. My in laws took the kids home (silence!) and my mother sent home fall decorations.

Sunday rolled around and I walked 8.5 miles, watched Evita, did some laundry and lounged around until it was time to pick the kids up. Since the Eagles were playing, hubby couldn't leave the house. I took them down to Willey Farms so I could get some real apples (really, it didn't occur to me to pick some at the orchard). By the time we got home, it was time for dinner and baths. Trinks was upset there was no time to decorate.

Monday morning, Trinks springs from her bed, gets dressed in record time, sticks her head in my room to tell me she's going to get her breakfast so she can decorate. After a quick bowl of cereal, she ran outside and rearranged the porch countless times until it looked just right. I thought it was cute. After school, I went through her backback and found an essay she wrote about "dekorating" the porch. Each section of the decorations have meaning and she named all of the pumpkins. Some days I wish I could peek into the future to see what she will be in 20 years. It's going to be fun watching that unfold.

No comments: