Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Time to start acting

I went to Trinks' appointment with her this AM. It was hot, so my coat was off. Her dr spent more time with me, correctly gave my diagnosis, gave me her recommendation for drugs, then gave me anti itch samples. Trinks is fine - needs to be on nasal spray. At that point, she went dramatic and collapsed on the table crying. I got her calmed down and promised we wouldn't force her to take it if she really didn't want it. I think she's going to take it.

I got to my appointment on time. My dr looked at my welts and thankfully agreed with the diagnosis and then informed me it doesn't itch. What???? I told her I was going crazy with itching. She prescribed another antihistamine, Atarax, which is also a cheap anti-psychotic. Fine, I won't be able to drive, but it will make me pass out tonight. She flat out refused to give me steroids unless I didn't improve. In about 15 minutes, I am calling back to claim I scratched through my skin and I am bleeding a desperately need drugs. In the mean time, I am digging through my expired medral dose pack to get another 60 mgs of prednisone. This insanity must stop. I hate steroids, but there is a time for everything.

No comments: