Friday, May 15, 2009

The art of traveling in NJ

I am headed to NJ again tomorrow. I feel I am in NJ for most weekends lately. Usually time is split between parents, but this time I am going up to see my grandmother and go to a birthday party. Hubby is golfing, so he misses the fun. Last week when I was up there, I bought 4 pizzas for $20. The cashier rang up the sale and I handed over the $20. She continued to stare at me while telling me that I owed another $1.40. I guess I gave her a blank look, so she repeated it. I then remembered that there is sales tax in NJ. And to add to this week's fun, it is now hot enough to melt the EZ Pass from my windshield. I just have to remember to find it before starting the trip.

But all in all I don't mind the trip to NJ. My grandmother has been doing poorly and I have been in complete denial that she isn't well. She just started dialysis today and that may give her the best chance of quality of life. It didn't go as great as it should have, but it doesn't mean it's not going to work.

The kids are looking forward to the birthday party at Mets Fan's house. It's always a fun time and it will be nice to hang out for a bit before returning to DE in the thunderstorms.

No comments: