Friday, May 8, 2009

I was a good mother today

I ditched work just before 3 with no plans to return. I made it to school only 5 minutes late, and was definitely not the last mom there. The look on my son's face was pure joy. He kept hugging me and touching me to make sure I was there. I was then serenaded with three songs about what a great mother I am. Then it was time for cookies (made and iced by the kids), fruit, and punch. S "shared" cookies with me. He wouldn't give me the cookie - he would break microscopic pieces off and give them to me. But he gave me great presents - a picture of the two of us, a picture of just him, a card, and a paper hug. I love the hug the best. I can take it on business trips and wrap it around my shoulders for a hug when I need it.

After the party, I dragged S to K-Mart to get cards and possibly plants. We ended up getting getting everything but plants. Oh well. We made it to Trinks' kung fu class on time and then hit Lowes for plants. It was nice to hang out with the kids without being frantic about getting places on time.

No comments: