Sunday, May 24, 2009

I am not Greek, but I play one in the kitchen

I love Greek food. The last three times I've been in Chicago, I've walked 2.5 miles each way to get to Greektown to get awesome Greek food. It was worth every step and the long walk helped me walk off the excess food I consumed. This week I wanted to make some tzaziki - yogurt and cucumber - sauce. I found this site in my google search for the recipe. Not only did I find the tzaziki sauce, but I found this spanakorizo - spinach rice - recipe. We ended up having souvlaki with tzaziki sauce, crumbled feta on pita (I even went to the Indian store to get better quality pita), with the rice. I tasted the rice and it didn't taste like I cooked it - it was that good! I am planning on a three week trip to Greece in the next 10-15 years, so cooking and sampling the food is as close as I am going to get for a while.

No comments: