Thursday, August 13, 2009

I drove to MD for apples

And it was worth it. I love apples. I love FALL apples. You know the kind. Crisp. Tart. Sweet. Summer apples are mushy, nasty red and golden delicious. The golden delicious are the lesser of the two evils, so I hobble through winter, spring and summer with those.

Today a friend brought in a huge bag of Ginger Golds. I took one, expecting it to be okay. I was stunned. It was like a slightly sweeter Mutzu. I frantically tried to figure out when I could go get my own supply before we leave for vacation. I took S to kung fu, then we flew down Rt 40 until we reached MD. We made it to Milburn Orchards just before 7. I picked up the medium bag (I now regret not getting the huge bag), grabbed 2 loaves of apple bread and got back in the car. At this point the kids are hungry and confused about why we had to drive so far for apples. I handed them each an apple and they instantly understood. And they still ate dinner when we got home.

And LRNs, my exact words were "Go out and get some Ginger Golds". Not go out and get some. But then again, Amish hookers??

1 comment:

LRNs said...

This is after your husband made suggestive comments about what he wanted to do with that smashed almondjoy and your butt. Have I said too much? ;-)