Saturday, April 25, 2009

Myth Busters, Posey style

I find it amusing how people who post "cures" know little about how poison ivy actually spreads. No, it does not spread from scratching. It takes three weeks for the whole reaction to come out. So last night I googled some cures. No, I didn't save the site, but I did 2 things this AM. I put my arms under scalding hot water for about 5 minutes. I have pink arms, but no itching. Amazing. Then I had S eat a banana and rubbed the inside of the peel on my legs. Again - instant relief. My stomach is itching like crazy! My last test is probably going to be vinegar and baking soda paste. If that fails, I will use Kosher salt.

I think I can get through this without steroids. I have 13 more days before this reaction is gone. In the meantime, I am going to track down some local raw spring honey. If it doesn't sensitize me to the poison ivy, at least it will taste good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the experiments! Anything to avoid steroids sounds worth trying!!!