Sunday, April 26, 2009

Longwood and Winterthur



A picture is worth a thousand words, however, the pictures of spring at Longwood and Winterthur are worth a million each. This was birthday weekend. Hubby and his mother share the same birthday tomorrow and we spent this lovely weekend at the Hotel du Pont and hit Longwood on Saturday and Winterthur today. We have been to Longwood so many times over the years, but I never get tired of the beautiful gardens. They are never the same! It's been years since I last went to Winterthur. It's very different from Longwood, but the gardens are just as nice, plus the "house" is spectacular. I grew up with parents who collected antiques, so I spent many vacations touring historic houses. Winterthur is just plain spectacular. It is well thought out and gorgeous!



These are the fish that the kids pet. I swear S was going to fall in as he was trying to feed them.



Lovely dining room.

No comments: