Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hey it's good to be back home again!

Yes, I listen to John Denver. And it perfectly describes how I felt today. Yesterday was a great day, but it was a bunch of running around, DE to NJ, to Atlantic Highlands, back to Marlton NJ, to Philly before returning home. The four of us left DE around 7:30. I dropped hubs and S off in Marlton and headed to Freehold. Trinks and I had a nice visit with my grandmother. She was in the hospital until today. Then Trinks and I headed to my sister's house for my niece's birthday party. The party was a wonderful marionette production of Sleeping Beauty in Atlantic Highlands. I especially loved that after the show, the puppeteers came out and interacted with the crowd to answer questions. Trinks and I ran out after cupcakes and made it back to Marlton in time to pick up hubs and parents to go to a wonderful dinner at Kanella in Philly. Every thing was amazing! Then it was back home to collapse! The kids stayed with the in laws so we could sleep in today.

Today was a nice productive day. I worked in the garden, steam vacuumed our room - counting down the months/years until the cat dies, did laundry, watched (and loved) August Rush, made lunch and breakfast for the week and am finally relaxing. The kids came home all excited about their day, we ate, bathed them and tried to put them to bed. Trinks has springs in her bed and came out 3 times before finally settling in. I am now sitting on my unmade bed, procrastinating about putting the clean sheets on the bed. The clean sheets are about 3 feet away from me, but I am so comfortable right now. I've renewed the library book I've lost, paid some bills, and pet the cat - yes the one we are counting down the life expectancy for. Phew! Almost bedtime.

No comments: