Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I gave up

I went to the dr today for the poison ivy. I am NOT itchy, but my leg is weeping and I thought it was infected. I'll spare the details. My dr is on vacation so I had to see her backup dr. For once, I would love to see a middle aged dr without him treating me like a child. I am not stupid, nor do I want someone patting my head and giving me drugs and telling me I will be fine. Once he realized I was NOT drug seeking, he did change a bit to offer advice. I ended up accepting a prescription for topical steroids. Now the key is to control the weeping so I can wear pants. We'll see how this goes. The good news is the tea tree oil I got yesterday seems to have worked really well in drying everything else out. I just need to research how to get rid of this allergy forever. There has to be a way.

3 comments:

Nothing Knew said...

Doubt it. But sounds like you've made strong progress on the treatment front.

BTW, just found this about removal...seems pretty straight forward and reasonable. But did have some hints particular to Poison Ivy.

Nothing Knew said...

Oh the things you find online....

Photos of Poison Ivy Rashes.

Which one is closest to yours?

A Pocket Full of Posey said...

Glad to hear you aren't a slobbering mess any more....

Nope - not going to look at the rashes. Mine is gross enough.