Wednesday, August 25, 2010

So proud of my Trinks

Today I took Trinks to the Adirondack Extreme Adventure course. She did some low ropes in Girl Scout camp this summer and asked if she could do the high ropes camp next year. I saw a commercial for this place, decided it looked awesome, so away we went. And by the way, Trinks is terrified of heights.

We bribed S to come with us since my mother wanted to watch Trinks. Note to self - next time, leave her in the cabin so she doesn't stress out. As we approached the Bolton Landing exit, it was raining. Lovely. We arrived at this place and stayed in the car while watching people climb and do the zip line. I am a first class coward, but I was getting pretty excited watching what people were doing. We checked in, grabbed the harness and waited for the training to begin. Then it was time for the demo course. Trinks did GREAT on all the parts leading to the zip line. For some reason, the zip terrified her. A guide jumped up and rescued her.

Then it was time for the real course. Although she was tall enough for the adult course, we kept her on the kids course. The real reason for this is I wasn't about to go up in the trees, and I could watch from the ground if she stayed on the kids' course. Trinks hesitated a few times, but for the most part did great. Then it was time for the short zip line to the ladder down. Ummmm..... didn't quite work out as planned and her knight in shining poncho rescued her again.

So, here are my notes for next year. I need to get in shape to do the adult ropes with her. Or her cousins need to join her. If she had someone in the trees with her, I think she would have felt better. All in all, it was a worthwhile experience. I am so proud of her for stepping out of her comfort level and pushing herself to complete the course. Afterwards, we bought her a patch and took her to the playground. S was all pumped up from watching her that he climbed around like a monkey. He kept saying that the playground equipment was exactly like the high ropes. Not exactly, but there was a lot of climbing stuff. And then we went for ice cream.






No comments: