Friday, August 6, 2010

I really hate other people

I don't think it's a secret that I really hate other people. It's probably the reason I have a job where I don't interact with clients face to face. This afternoon I had two instances of really shitty service. These people should find other jobs.

At Girl Scout camp, I waited in line to sign Trinks out. I don't mind waiting. As soon as I got up, some bitch interrupts the line to ask a question. I'm sorry, I waited to get uniterrupted time in checking out. Now the counselor lost her focus and didn't end up giving me the proper paperwork. Why do people think they are above the rules? Then I picked S up and took the kids to the grocery store. The stupid cashier had a private conversation going as she checked out the woman in front of me. She never asked the woman if she wanted cash back because she wasn't paying attention. The woman was annoyed. At my turn, there was an error message on the screen that she ignored for 5 minutes while she was carrying on with her friend. I then went on to have a very civil discussion with the kids as to why this behavior was unacceptable. In front of the woman. Don't worry - she was so wrapped up in her personal conversation she didn't know.

I understand this is the world we live in. It's related to rude cell phone use. I understand that people are going to play with their phones during dinner - I see that all the time. Hubs and I went out to dinner one night and noticed a couple seated almost across from us. After they ordered, she got on the phone and proceeded to TALK through the whole meal. She ate and talked and ignored her husband. And it wasn't an emergency. It was plain old gossip. I'm sorry - this is so unacceptable. Why did she bother going out to dinner? She could have had shit on a shingle for all she tasted the meal. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I ignore my phone at a restaurant or with friends. Obviously there are exceptions for when I am expecting a call, but I put more importance on the person in front of me. Anything else is uncivilized.

No comments: