Sunday, August 8, 2010

Getting ready to miss my Trinks again

Trinks was upset when I picked her up on Friday. Her two best buddies switched to day camp for next week and she wanted to switch as well. I knew this was coming, so I told her we would discuss it later. The whole ride home was a non stop conversation of the cool things she did. I got a few sentences in so I could tell her what I had planned for the weekend. She got excited when I told her we're going out to breakfast (and even more excited when she convince hubs we had to go to IHOP). Then she made a little request - at some time could we get Rita's or ice cream? I think that's fair enough and we'll do that after lunch today. I think she really misses all the family stuff.

As much as Trinks has loved camp, I think I'm doing things a little different next year. Camp Grandma includes parents next year, or so I have been told. We're going to Disney. In the summer. At least for that week Trinks will have us. She can do a few more weeks of kung fu camp with S. She really wants to go to a traveling camp that includes white water rafting and traveling on a zip line. Come February, I may for get these plans as I see the exciting camp brochure. Hopefully Trinks will remember so we get to see a bit more of her next year.

We made sure Trinks had a good time this weekend. All the back to school shopping is done, except Target ran out of composition notebooks and Trinks needs 3 more. Since she FINALLY tie dyed her t-shirt, we went to Joann Fabric to get some patches to iron on. I did that last night as S asked me what that thing was. Yes - it was the iron. He's never seen me use one before. Trinks was so tired she passed out in our bed while watching TV last night. Hopefully she'll sleep late (8AM) today. I want her well rested for her last week of camp!

No comments: