Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Finally good service

S gained enough weight to grow into a real epi pen instead of the epi pen Jr. This was back in May. I justified not filling the prescription because they cost (I thought) $40/pen. And I figured in the event of a real emergency I could just give him 2 shots. I know - not smart. I had a supermom lunch the other day and ran several errands. When I dropped off the prescription at Happy Harry's, I informed the young, uninterested mumbling clerk that if the expiration date was under a year, I didn't want it. I then asked if I could get 2 at the same time. I got blank eyes and a mumbled "depends on your insurance".

Fast forward a few hours. Hubs and I picked S up, hit the drive though at Happy Harry's. We were told to pay $111. As I slowly slid into a panic attack, I opened the bag. The mumbling dude hooked us up! We got 2 epi pen sets with a 15 month expiration. So for as much as I complain about lousy service, I figured I should showcase something good.

No comments: