Tuesday, October 26, 2010

To vote or not to vote

Of course I'm voting - gotta keep the witch with a capital B out of office. I would prefer to run her out of the state so she could embarrass a new state. But the more important election is for the state representative. I love the guy we currently have. He went door to door 2 years ago and spent significant time talking about education with me. I am currently facing an education crisis of epic proportions (have I mentioned I exaggerate???) and would feel comfortable showing up at his open office sessions to discuss my concerns. Tonight I met his competition. The guy is really nice and he paved our really crappy road 2 years ago. I thanked him for that, but forgot to tell him to st.op sending me birthday cards - too much of a waste of trees and money.

So what is my point? My point is we have two really great guys running for office. I think they would both be a great choice. I applaud the fact that they go door to door to make the effort to meet everybody. Isn't this what real politicians should be? They were polite about the opposition, but pointed out why they would be better. I'm just impressed that this close to election day there is civility

No comments: