Sunday, June 28, 2009

Poison Ivy again

Hubs and I worked in the garden yesterday and I got exposed to poison ivy yet again. Although I showered and scrubbed within an hour of exposure, I still have a few rashes. Great - set the calendar for another 3 weeks. It's funny, I don't care about the poison ivy. I'm terrified of the erythema multiforme again. I don't want to go through that again. I dumped Round up on all the poison ivy I could find. I'm making some homemade weed killer next weekend to tackle what is still alive.

I am so sick of this reaction. I can't live cooped up in this house. I have been smart about avoiding the known areas while working in the garden. The cats get in it, come in and sit on my lap, the couches, our bed. I won't know if I get exposed that way until it's too late. What bothers me most is Hubs absolutely refuses to go near the stuff. I think it would be nice if he took one hit to protect me. I am out of sick days and can't even imagine what I will do now.

No comments: