Sunday, January 4, 2009

Wii News

We are really enjoying the Wii. I thought I would like it and just let the kids play. I figured Wii Fit would be ok. I never counted on addiction! The kids have twice stayed up until 10 because we all just wanted to play one more game. Bowling seems to be our current favorite, mainly because we can all play. The training games are quite useful and I find myself actually able to hit a tennis ball and an occasional homerun. I think I am going to love boxing once I play more. I know my arms will look great if box a lot!

I am not ashamed to admit my Wii age. My Wii fitness (part of Wii Sport)age is 33 and my Wii Fit age is 40. Wii Fit relies on a lot of balance skills I don't seem to have mastered yet, but I keep working at it. My original age was 54! Wii Fitness is a lot easier to figure out, but I started out at 40 on that one! My favorites on Wii Fit are ski jump, tightrope, and soccer ball. It's impressive that I can jump on a tightrope without falling off. I'd never make it in real life!

We have played the Family game night, and the High School Musical 1 & 2 Singalong. Nothing Knew and hubby did a nice duet at NYE, and there wasn't that much alcohol involved. Hannah Montana's game is a little more involved, but I think Trinks will like it once we find a block of time to work on it with her. Poor S just wants to play with Mr. Potatohead and doesn't realize he is just the host of family game night.

1 comment:

LRNs said...

Slick & I are getting rather serious in our tennis matches. I'm ahead this far, but her highschool tennis team days are starting to show as she learns how to translate real skills to the game.

We have some Christmas gift cards we're hoping will cover part of the cost for a Fit.