Thursday, January 8, 2009

Waiting and waiting and waiting

Here I sit, waiting to find the perfect refinance offer. Got hubby on board with getting rid of the darn mortgage asap. And with rates incredibly low, it seems like the right time to eliminate this thing. We plan to keep paying what we currently pay, so a reduced payment will help us kick it out faster.

It never would have occurred to me to refinance again if it hadn't been for a post at Get Rich Slowly. Nope - too lazy to even link to it. He planted the seed and now I am doing the legwork. The rates I have been fining have been fantastic, however the closing costs are criminal! I trust my patience will be rewarded with a reasonable offer.

But in the mean time, I should enjoy listening to Big and Rich and reading The Millionaire next door.

1 comment:

Nothing Knew said...

I am doing the same thing. Just made my rate today but it was too crazy today to do anything about it. I am just hopeful for tomorrow.

In the meantime, here's a great tool for comparing rates and other stuff. Karl's Mortgage Calculator